Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Malaysia: On the Tube

There wasn't a lot for me to do in KL.

My hotel was close to Suria KLCC, and if you're into shopping malls, that's a good thing.

So while there is plenty to see during the day, Kuala Lumpur's nightlife was lacking. I spent each night in the hotel, unwinding in front of tube. This may seem like a waste of vacation. And you may be right. But by this time, I was craving the comforts of home.



At 9 PM every night, one of the channels broadcasts live from an unnamed mosque. It's not exactly the 700 Club, but the call to prayer is mesmerizing. For about a minute.



Malaysia has its own version of So You Think You Can Dance? Does it compare to the US version? Hardly. All are decent enough dancers, but not a Katee nor Joshua to be found. However, there is no Malaysian Nigel nor Mary, and that's a good thing.



This is Edleen Ismail. She co-anchors the Malaysian version of SportsCenter on ESPN. If there is ANY way ESPN can move her stateside, I would be ever so grateful. If not, I may contemplate moving.

I doubt I will. I love American TV too much. However, if a Malaysian version of The Office comes on the air, then maybe. Just maybe.

No comments: