Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Posing For Solo Pictures

Posing for travel photos is key. It's the most important part of your trip. Take one bad pic, your vacation is toast.

I learned this the hard way, on my trip to Europe back in '06.



This is me in London. Awkward on so many levels. Look at me trying to look all Rico Suave. This picture is a stain.

In my defense, I was trying to be like this guy:



Look how COOL he is. Why couldn't I look this cool??

It didn't get any better in Paris.



I guess I had a thing for railings. And I don't know what my hand is doing on my hip.

This was killing me for days. Couldn't I just be like everyone else and take a decent picture? Does no one else have this problem??

It wasn't until Amsterdam where I found my groove.



Here I am at the Heineken Experience. I should point out that my friends took this when I wasn't looking.

By the end of my trip, I realized that the best pictures are the simplest. The ones that are less about posing. The ones that show personality yet involve your surroundings.

They're also the ones that involve kegs of Dutch beer.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think Rick Steves looks cool too :)

Traveling Ted said...

Hilarious. I like the self-deprecating humor. The best way to fend off insults is beat the peanut gallery to the punch, which you did quite adeptly.