Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Monday, September 8, 2008

Oregon Bits

Haven't posted in a while. Lots of (non-travel) stuff going on, but I did get a chance to visit the great state of Oregon. Here are tidbits about the Beaver State:

- Oregon is incredibly green. It's mind-blowing. And I don't just mean green in the literal sense. Oregonians are very environmentally conscious. I inadvertently placed my empty water bottle in the trash instead of the recycling bin. I felt guilty.



- The world's best bookstore in located in Downtown Portland. Powell's City of Books spans an entire city block. There are (at least) three floors. Every genre is represented in spades. It took me three hours to browse the entire store. Time well spent.



- The Beaverton Farmers Market is every Saturday from 8 am to 1:30 pm. The produce is fresh. The air is filled with kettle corn, sunflowers and German Sausage. In the background a bluegrass band plays Johnny Cash cover songs. Is there ANYTHING like this in Southern California? I doubt it.


*Heaven*

Oregon is a wonderful getaway spot. Especially if you've been holed up a smoggy LA for a while. I didn't even mention the outdoor activities. I will soon...

No comments: