Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Amazing Race

The show that inspired me to travel has returned!



Watching The Amazing Race is like saying hi to an old friend. The show is in its 13th(!) season, and it always manages to put a hop in my step. If it wasn't for TAR, I wouldn't have renewed my passport, I wouldn't have trekked through Europe, South America or Southeast Asia.

I owe a lot to this show. My only complaint is when the personalities of the contestants dominate the show, relegating the locales as secondary characters. Make no mistake, the world is the superstar in this show.

From the first episode of this season, there are two teams I'm pulling for (Ty/Aja, The Comic-Book Geeks), two teams I like for the eye candy (Divorcees, Starr and...the other guy), and one team that I can't stand (Terrence and...the other girl).

Here's hoping for a great season...

No comments: