Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Monday, June 23, 2008

Slow Traveler

Every travel blog out there has lists of their own. "10 Things To Do In Rome", "20 Beers to Try in Malaysia", "52 Must-See Spots in Andorra". I love these lists. They get my mind going. They get me in the Travel Zone.

Do I do these lists? Not really.

The last thing I want to do when traveling is go off a list. Then the trip becomes a quest. And when there's 100 things to do on the quest, it becomes a race. And unless there's a million dollars and a guy named Phil waiting for me at end, I'm taking my time, thank you very much.

I'm a slow traveler. I like standing in a town square and people watching, taking in everything. I'd rather stroll than walk. I hate being rushed from place to place. This is why I don't do well with set itineraries.

I cover less ground than most people, and I miss out on some sights. I'm OK with that. The worst thing to feel on a trip is rushed.

But for a million dollars, I can make some adjustments...

No comments: