Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Road to the Final Four - Prologue: Gearing For Battle

How wonderful it is to travel again!

After conquering Europe and Machu Picchu, I turn to Texas. I've been to Texas once, on a stopover in Dallas on the way to D.C. for my eighth grade field trip. I hear everything is bigger in Texas. We'll see.

In less than 12 hours, I will board a plane headed for San Antonio. I have tickets to watch the Final Four, a spectacle rivaled only by the Super Bowl. You could say the Final Four is a bigger event in American culture, in that it brings four universities, representing four people groups from four different parts of the U.S. And they all converge on the Alamo, like four armies gearing for battle.

I, and two of my fellow hardcore UCLA friends, will be in the middle of it all, cheering for my Bruins to the very end.

This weekend will consist of Bruin Basketball, Barbeque and Beer. Does it get any better than that? Maybe a National Championship. That would be great.

OK enough talk.



Let's do this.

As usual, expect a full write up soon. Till then, have a good weekend, and GO BRUINS!

No comments: