Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Naked Introvert

Brave New Traveler has a interesting list of the types of travel writers out there.

Here's one type of writer:

The Naked Introvert

Naked introverts spend an inordinate amount of time fretting about their constipation, and then write about it in excruciating detail. They are funny, honest and extremely self-deprecating.

Naked introverts are especially well-suited to writing about travel because travelers are bumbling fools, and naked introverts are most entertaining when they find themselves in awkward and uncertain situations.

The author mentions David Sedaris as an example of a Naked Introvert, and if I can ever write as funny as him, I would be very, very, VERY happy with that.

I tend to write very introspectively, so much so that often my surroundings are secondary to personal experience. Also, I am a bumbling fool when I travel.

I am the Naked Introvert.

No comments: