Subscribe to Travels With Eman

Google
 

Monday, April 30, 2007

Anxieties

My destination is settled. Airfare is booked. Tour is booked. Yet, I'm still stressed.

My main concerns are getting the gear I need, and getting in shape for the hike. I was up in Forest Falls, CA over the weekend and I was DYING. I'm supposed to take Machu Picchu??

So, for my sake, here are my main needs:

1) Backpack. I didn't hire a porter for the hike, so I need something lightweight.

2) Hiking Boots. As of right now, I have some Nikes that I've had for years. They sure as heck will not make the trip.

3) A camera. This is a bit of a luxury. My old A85 is clunky and I can't fit it in my pocket any more. I'm thinking SD800, but we'll see.

Of course, I haven't started looking into getting any of these, on top of the other things I'll need. My friend Brian forwarded me a list. It looks pretty comprehensive, but my GOD there's so much I need to get.

I'm gonna have some fun putting this together, I can tell already.

1 comment:

TheNeedyMother said...

My brother has been there and loved it. Absolutely loved it! My friend Callista was recently in Lima and also had a spectacular time.